Desktop Virtualization for Secondary Schools & Higher Education.
Integrating technology into the classroom is an exciting endeavor which holds massive amounts of potential for students and teachers alike. Supporting BYOD and blended learning, incorporating in-person lessons with online lessons, providing chat and Web-enhanced lectures, and simply extending learning beyond the classroom into the Internet environment enables schools with the ability to deliver on their responsibility of giving students the confidence and skills to use and succeed with technology.
Achieving More with Less
Virtualization, a shared computing strategy that maximizes efficiency by harnessing the computing power of underutilized PCs is an excellent way to bring classrooms and labs into the 21st century, in a simple and cost effective manner. Simply stated, virtualization allows you to achieve more with less by simplifying management, allowing for blended learning and collaborative technology use and by facilitating incremental rollouts.
Key Benefits of Shared Computing:
- Manages one virtual desktop OS for up to 100 end users, thereby reducing the number of operating systems to maintain by up to 97%.
- Reduces the per-seat cost of a PC by more than 75%.
- Integrates easily with your existing computing infrastructure, replacing costly PCs with simple, small and very durable thin clients.
- Centrally manages Internet filtering software, ensuring a consistent and safe Internet experience.
- Frees up valuable workspace in classrooms and labs.
- Produces less e-waste & utilize less energy.
- Qualifies for monies dedicated from Grants, e-Rate, Title 1 Funding, Municipal Bonds, ESEA Flexibility and energy rebates.